Module 1: Introduction
While companies often think they are ready to accept investment, this is often not the case. This module presents a framework for self-assessing investment readiness for African tech companies that explores all five meanings of the phrase “ready for equity investment”:
1. Is equity the right type of financing for your company right now?
2. Have you reached the top of Steve Blank’s Investor Readiness Level?
3. Do you have Metrics Momentum?
4. Are you ready for the 12-step financing process?
5. Are investors ready for you?
Outcome: Companies will be able to self-assess their readiness for equity investment and in the process identify steps to increase it. Working with mentors, companies can then develop and execute a plan to accelerate readiness.