This course is designed to help social entrepreneurs identify relevant strategies to scale up their venture. We define scaling as different from growing: while growing is a gradual and incremental process, scaling involves adopting a clear and specific approach to propel the venture forward in an accelerated manner.
We identified 11 strategies to unlock scaling potential:
- Outsourcing labor and other COGS to users
- Substituting physical assets with digital ones
- Optimizing capacity and asset utilization
- Behavioral change (transforming a need into a want)
- Making product/service addictive for users (transforming a want into a need)
- Lobbying to create competitive advantage
- Leveraging existing assets (owned by others)
- Leveraging partnerships
- Growing through franchising
- Leveraging users or clients as salesforce
- Leveraging the intelligence and knowledge of others
For each strategy, you will find:
- a video with a case study from a large corporation which successfully implemented the strategy, to showcase its key elements and full potential
- a slide to download with the key elements of the strategy
- a video interview with a fellow social entrepreneur who is adopting that same strategy (or some elements of it), to illustrate how it can be applied, adapted and be relevant in the context of a social venture.
You are free to review the full course content in sequence, or jump directly to the strategies that are most relevant to you and your venture.